HERBS AND ACTIONS
Strengthens the Spleen, tonifies Qi and nourishes Blood.
Warms Kidneys, strengthens Yang and assists the generation of Qi and Blood.
Tonifies Yuan Qi and Qi of the Spleen, Lungs and Heart.
Shu Di Huang
Tonifies the Blood, nourishes Yin, nourishes Jing and fills the Marrow.
Tonifies the Spleen, tonifies Qi, dries Dampness and promotes water metabolism.
Tonifies the Blood, regulates the menses, invigorates and harmonizes the Blood, moistens the Intestines, unblocks the bowels, reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and alleviates pain.
Nourishes Blood and regulates menstruation.
Activates Blood and regulates Qi.
Promotes urination, resolves Dampness and strengthens the Spleen.
Tonifies the Spleen, tonifies Qi and moderates and harmonizes the properties of other herbs.
- Replenishes Yang
- Warms and tonifies Qi and Blood
- Qi, Blood and Yang Deficiency with Cold
- Atrophy (Wei Syndrome) due to Qi Deficiency
- Uterine bleeding
- Cold extremities
- Pale or sallow face
- General fatigue
- Coarse skin
- Nocturnal emissions
- Weak knees
- Night sweats
- Irregular menstruation
- Intolerance of Cold
- Decreased eyesight after a prolonged illness
- Intermittent fever
- Deficient cough
- Shortness of breath
- Spontaneous sweating
- Continuous spotting
- Weak legs and knees
- T: Pale
- C: Thin and white
- P: Thready and weak
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND HERB/DRUG INTERACTIONS
- Contraindicated for those with Heat or Excess disorders.
- This formula may have a marked protective effect against chemotherapy- and radiation-induced toxicities.
- This formula may have a marked protective effect against cyclophosphamide- or prednisone-induced immuno-suppression.
- This formula may have a marked protective effect against carboplatin- or cisplatin-induced myelosuppression.
- This formula may have a marked protective effect against cis-diamminedichloroplatinum-induced nephrotoxicity and bone marrow toxicity.
- This formula may have a marked protective effect against interferon toxicity.
- This formula may have a marked protective effect against rifampin-induced neutropenia.