HERBS AND ACTIONS
Tonifies Blood, regulates menses, invigorates and harmonizes the Blood and reduces swelling.
Calms Liver Yang, nourishes Blood, regulates menstruation and astringes Yin.
Promotes urination, resolves Dampness, strengthens the Spleen and harmonizes the Middle Jiao.
Tonifies the Spleen, tonifies Qi and dries Dampness.
Resolves Shao Yang disorders, reduces fever, spreads Liver Qi and relieves Stagnation.
Mu Dan Pi
Clears Heat, cools and harmonizes the Blood, clears Deficiency Fire, activates the Blood, dispels Blood Stasis and clears Liver Fire.
Clears Heat, reduces Fire, cools the Blood, disperses toxins, stops bleeding, activates the Blood, eliminates irritability and drains Damp-Heat.
Zhi Gan Cao
Tonifies the Spleen, tonifies Qi, clears Heat, relieves Fire toxicity and moderates and harmonizes the properties of other herbs.
Disperses Wind-Heat, cools and clears the head and eyes, benefits the throat and relieves Stagnation of Liver Qi.
Reduces the toxicity of other herbs.
- Pacifies the Liver
- Spreads Liver Qi
- Strengthens the Spleen
- Nourishes the Blood and Yin
- Regulates menstruation
- Sedates the Heart
- Clears Heat
- Liver Qi Stagnation turning to Heat with underlying Spleen and Blood Deficiency
- Gu Syndrome
- Short temper
- Fever or tidal fever
- Red eyes
- Dry mouth and throat
- Lower abdominal pain
- Difficult urination
- Painful urination
- Increased menstrual flow
- Uterine bleeding
- Early menstruation
- Aching in limbs
- Mental instability
- Red face
- Turbid urine
- Alternating chills and fever
- Red cheeks
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Spontaneous sweating or night sweats with fever
- Dry eyes
- Hypochondriac pain
- Aching shoulders
- Five Sole Heat
- Premenstrual tension
- Hot flashes
- Constipation with flushing up
- Pale complexion
- Bitter taste in mouth
- Abdominal distention near the umbilicus
- Irregular menstruation
- Heaviness in the lower abdomen
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND HERB/DRUG INTERACTIONS
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
- Contraindicated for those with underlying Deficiency and Cold.
- This formula may reduce tremors caused by antipsychotic-induced Parkinson's disease.
- This formula may be effective in treating menopausal symptoms induced by gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist therapy without a negative effect on serum estradiol levels.