- Chronic cold-type of arthritis or arthralgia that worsens with cold and damp weather
- Chronic low back pain and sciatic with underlying deficiencies
- Degenerative disc with weakness of the lower back and knees with reduced mobility
- General aches and pains characterized by cold manifestations
- Fibromyalgia characterized by cold or numbness
Western therapeutic actions
- Analgesic function to reduce pain
- Anti-inflammatory functions to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Antirheumatic and anti-arthritic effect to treat connective tissue disorder
- Chondroprotective and osteogenic functions to strengthen soft connective tissue and repair joints
Chinese therapeutic actions
- Expel wind, cold and damp
- Warms channels and collaterals, dispersed painful obstruction
- Tonifies kidney Yin and yang
- Invigorate the blood circulation and relieve pain
Cautions and contraindications
- Side effects of this herbal formula may include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, and irritability. Discontinue use of the formula if these adverse reactions occur.
- This formula is contraindicated during pregnancy and nursing.
- This formula is contraindicated if the patient is taking warfarin Coumadin for any blood thinners
- Take three capsules three times a day with a glass of warm water. You may increase the dosage up to six capsules every six hours if needed.